Eventsquid's event apps are constructed with HTML5, so your attendees don't have to worry about downloading anything. It's a web app! Any attendee that visits your event site link on their mobile device will automatically be routed directly to the app. In essence, it's a mobile-optimized version of what you worked hard to build on desktop.
Registration, event website and content; it's all there. And more. With the Eventsquid app, registrants can rate speakers and sessions across customizable rating categories. Even more, your attendees can bookmark their favorite sessions to their own personal itinerary.
MOBILE AT A GLANCE
The interface of the app allows registrants to navigate without the use of internet browser controls (i.e. the back button). Use the different icons and menus see the various pages and features with ease.
Take a look at the screenshots below. At the bottom of the screen, you'll see the main navigational icons. The Home icon takes you back to the main screen (depicted in the screenshot on the left). The Menu icon at the far left will bring out the event website's content tabs (depicted in the screenshot on the right).
The Information icon in the bottom right will give users the opportunity to log out / log in, read instructions about how to use the mobile app and return to the desktop version of your event website.
The home screen of the mobile app will also give you quick-access to a few key functions:
- The main event description page, including location information
- Your itinerary and the main agenda (you can add items to your itinerary from the Agenda)
- QR code for checking-in and handing out your contact information
CONFIGURING YOUR MOBILE APP
Within the MOBILE APP section of the Event Builder, you have the ability to tweak a few settings; however, the bulk of the mobile app is automatically designed by the system (alongside your event page on desktop).
Let's run through a few of the key settings and how they work...
Enter the Event Builder, then select the Mobile App tab at the top. Below, you'll see a series of switches:
- Activate Mobile Lead Scanning: attendees can use this feature to capture fellow attendees' contact information by scanning their QR Code.
- Attendees Cannot Search for Other Events (RECOMMEND TURNING ON): when DEactivated, registrants will see an icon in the mobile app navigation bar that gives them access to see all other events published on Eventsquid
- Hide Mobile Link in Confirmation Email: allows admin to exclude the system-generated link to your event's mobile app that appears in the confirmation email
- Hide Scan Icon: allows admin to hide access to the QR code on the mobile home page (each attendee is given a unique QR code after registering, access to which can be given through the mobile app homepage)
- Hide Description Icon: the mobile app automatically generates a button on the mobile app home screen that leads users to the event description (which, on mobile, includes the written description and banner image)
- Place "Sponsored By" Block atop Home Screen: The mobile app allows you to highlight up to three of your sponsor logos on the home screen, within a small rectangle. By default, that rectangle will display at the bottom of the mobile home screen. Flipping this switch will shift the block to the top.
Below the app configuration switches, you can customize the colors of your event navigation and registration buttons (for both attendee and ticket registration). You can also customize the color of the date/location bar that appears atop the mobile app home screen.
The mobile app also allows you to configure what's called the "splash screen". The splash screen appears momentarily when a new mobile app session has begun (i.e. brand new user visits the page). Once the user is signed in, however, they can freely navigate from page-to-page without encountering the splash screen again.
You can deactivate the splash screen altogether or choose one of our stock images to fulfill that purpose.