With Eventsquid's built-in mobile app capabilities, you'll be able to accomplish what a team of developers would...on your own and without any programming.
Within minutes, you'll have a production-ready mobile app for your event, right alongside your desktop website. Eventsquid's event apps are built in HTML5, so your attendees don't have to worry about downloading anything. Just link your attendees to your event site and they'll be brought into your own custom app through whatever browser they use on their phone.
MOBILE AT A GLANCE
To get started, let's quickly run the UI of the Eventsquid app. There are some basic controls to know that will help you cruise around the system on your phone with ease.
Take a look at the screenshots below. At the bottom of the screen, you have a main row of icons that you'll use for general navigation. The Home icon will take you to the home page of the event you're navigation; the Menu icon at the far left will bring out the event website's main menu from the left side.
To see more events on Eventsquid, click the center List icon to see more listings. In the Favorites section, you'll be able to bookmark events that you want to revisit.
In the body of the app, you'll see the interface is very friendly and easy to use - each of the main functions on the homepage is a circle icon, with a distinct function. From the homepage, you can quickly access a couple key functions, including:
- The main event description, including location information
- Your itinerary and the main agenda (you can add items to your itinerary from the Agenda)
- QR code for checking-in and handing out your contact information
Now let's walk through the app's key functions and abilities.
KEY MOBILE SETTINGS
Within the Mobile Settings tool, you'll have the ability to customize your mobile site to your needs. The interface on Eventsquid is quite simple, allowing you to switch ON/OFF different capabilities.
Let's run through a few of the key settings and how they work:
- Replace Logo w/ Short Event Title - you can make your "Short Title" (aka a shorter version of your main event title that you create) replace your event logo at the top of your app. Depending on the size of your logo, this might come in handy
- Mobile Contact Scanning - this feature allows you to scan an attendee's QR code on their badge (should they have one) and store their contact information. To use:
- First make sure you have a QR scanner app downloaded (we recommend QR Reader)
- Scan someone's label - your QR scanner will allow you to "scan the lead"
- Now go back to your event's mobile app - click the SCAN LEADS icon
- You can see the lead you scanned is in your "lead list" - click Export List to receive an email with an Excel spreadsheet with your lead list
- Additionally, you can access your lead list on Eventsquid's desktop site:
- Click your name in the upper righthand corner
- Click My Events
- Click OPTIONS next to the event you scanned leads at
- Click Email Me My Lead List
- You receive an email with an Excel spreadsheet containing your leads
- Cannot Search for Other Events - someone's jealous....Anyways, yes - you can restrict your attendees from searching for other events. This feature could come in handy when you don't want your attendees wandering off your app (especially if your event requires them to always have a QR code at the ready, or navigate the agenda)
- When you switch this feature on, the small menu icon at the bottom of the app (in your main toolbar) will disappear
- Hide Scan Icon - if you want to hide the QR code for your attendee's app homepage, you can do that with this function
- This function would prove useful with an event that didn't use QR codes in any capacity and you didn't want to confuse your attendees with the scan code on the homepage
At the bottom of the Mobile Settings tool, you can add a bit of custom design to your mobile app. You can change the color of your registration button and the background image of your app.