There is a possibility you will want to use the dedicated Exhibitor mechanism for registration. Oftentimes, creating a Custom Profile for exhibitors using the Attendee mechanism (click HERE to read more) is a great method to capture exhibitor registrations.
However, in the instance you need an extremely streamlined Exhibitor experience that captures a few company-based data points (without a need for customization of the registration form, confirmation email, form prompts, etc.), you can tap into the Exhibitor tool to build a registration pathway for your attending/sponsoring companies.
As with any other registration type, the Exhibitor registration mechanism allows you to configure both the form and items:
- Configure the form to collect the right information from the registering party
- Setup the items to represent the selection options for the registering party
CREATE A NEW ITEM
In the Registration section of the Event Builder, click Exhibitor Items on the left. Next, create your first item by clicking the green Create New Item button. This will expose a window in which you may select which type of Exhibitor item you want to create:
- Exhibitor Registration Item: Use this item type for core registration options. This item is typically used for more complex events where you want to collect detailed information on guests and set a specific number of guests allowed. There are no quantity options with this item.
- NOTE: you can package Attendee items with an Exhibitor Registration Item
- Goods & Service Item: Use this for items that are not related to attendance. For example, you may want to offer raffle tickets, meal selections, apparel, goods, etc. The item type dropdown will show the various organization categories for these items.
CONFIGURE YOUR ITEMS
After you create your registration items, there are tons of parameters you can set to get registration to work exactly the way you want.
>> Limit of this item for this event
Use this to set a limit on the individual item within the overall event. This is different from the overall event limit.
For example, you are having an event and within that event you have activity that has limited capacity. Use the "Limit of this item for this event" field to set that capacity number.
>> Base Item Price
This is the price charged to registrants when selecting this item. When the registrant selects a quantity greater than one for the item, the base price will be multiplied by the quantity to come up with the total price.
For information on price promotions (discounts and coupons) click here.
>> Offer this item to
This sets which registrant type this item will be shown to.
Depending on the nature of the item, you may see more/less options. Typically you will see:
- Attendee ONLY. The item will only be offered to attendees (archers, golfers, pilots, athletes, etc)
- Exhibitor/Sponsor ONLY. This item will only be offered to Exhibitors or Sponsors.
- Combination of the above (Attendees and Sponsors, etc)
Registrants who select this item get an online coupon in the amount you choose below good on any new ATTENDEE registration in the same event (they can send the coupons to friends etc.). A coupon is awarded for each item purchased (e.g. if they choose a quantity of 3, they get 3 coupons for the amount you indicate.
Select items on the ATTENDEE registration side to include with this sponsor/exhibitor item. For example, if this is a golf sponsor item, you can include a "golfer foursome". The sponsor will receive a package code to use when signing up as a golfer (attendee)
Registrants will NOT be able to see this registration item until they enter the code you create. Note: In order to assign an access code to a registration item it needs to belong to a group. The item can be a group all to its own or can be included with other items.
This image will show to the left of the description when displayed on the event website and to the registrant within the form.
If you are offering apparel with this item, the system will prompt the user for their size BEFORE it lets them register for this item. This ensures that you get the data you need every time.
Click into the Exhibitor Form tool on the left menu, when inside of the Registration section of the Event Builder.
You have a few options inside the Exhibitor Form tool, take a look at the screenshot below:
- Overall Exhibitor Limit: set a limit on the event at the top; or, keep it limitless!
- Upload: you can turn on a file upload port (to appear within the form) for exhibitors to upload documents you may require from them. Note that if you make this required, each registering exhibitor will not be permitted to proceed through the registration form without uploading at least one document
- Fields & Prompts: Out of the 4 fields, you can elect which to keep on for the event and which to hide.
- NOTE: the exhibitor badge name section will allow the registering company to enter the names of individuals that will be attending as part of the team; however, these names will not be actually registered for the event. Entry of names here simply allows you to print badges for these people.