Connecting your Authorize.net Payment Gateway to your Eventsquid account
To connect your Authorize.net Payment Gateway to your Eventsquid account, you will need your API Login and Transaction Key from your Authorize.net account.
Check with your organization’s Authorize.net administrator to see if you already have a Transaction Key generated and in use for your API Login. If you do, you can skip to step 3 below.
We also recommend that you DISABLE Visa Checkout in your Authorize.net account as it is not supported by all internet browsers (Eventsquid is).
1. Sign into your Authorize.net account and click the ACCOUNT tab. Under the ACCOUNT tab, click on “API Credentials & Keys” in the Security Settings section.
2. In the API Credentials & Keys section, you will see your API Login ID. Make note of it. You then need to generate a Transaction Key. Enter your secret answer and click the radio button to the left of “New Transaction Key” next to obtain then click “Submit”.
Make sure you record the Transaction Key in a safe place – you will not be able to look up that Transaction Key again in Authorize.net (you would have to generate a new one).
3. In Eventsquid, from your main dashboard click on the MANAGE ORGANIZATION tab. Then click Payment Processing. Click Authorize.net and enter your API Login and Transaction Key and click “USE AUTHORIZE.NET AS DEFAULT GATEWAY”.
4. If your Authorize.net account is brand new to you, you can test the connection. You will need to put your Authorize.net account in “test” mode* AND set your configuration in Eventsquid to test mode. Run through a registration and use the test credit card number displayed on the Eventsquid Payment Processing screen (pictured above). You will only have to run this test once. Set both back to live mode and you are ready to roll!
* If your Authorize.net account is established and in use for payment processing outside of Eventsquid, you should not put your Authorize.net account in test mode. You can talk to your Authorize.net administrator or Authorize.net by establishing alternate account profiles if you need to segment your business.