Different Treatment for Different Registrants
One of the most powerful features of our software is the profile system. You are free to create an unlimited number of registrant profiles. Each profile can determine a number of registration elements:
- The items the registrant can see and is eligible to select
- The prompts the registrant must answer on the registration form
- Whether the registrant must pay online only (while allowing other profiles to pay later, for example)
You can reach the profile tool in one of two ways:
- In the EVENT BUILDER, click REGISTRANT TYPES on the left and Custom Registration Profiles on the right which will bring you to the profile summary screen. Click LAUNCH PROFILE TOOL atop the page.
- In the EVENT BUILDER under ITEMS, you will see a profile section atop your registration items. Click the pencil icon and that will bring you to the POFILE TOOL.
Once you add a profile, open the profile to configure it. Give the profile a name and optional description. You may choose the order in which the profile is presented if you have several.
In the "Which items are included in this profile?" section, check off the registration items you want to make available for the profile.
MORE OPTIONS reveals advanced features for profiles.
Profile visibility to primary registrants Use this setting to choose whether a primary registrant can choose this profile from the profile selector. When "registrants cannot choose this profile is set", the profile is hidden from the pick list. You may want to use this if your profile is exclusively for "guests" or if you are using invitations and do not want others to be able to choose this profile.
Profile visibility to sub-account registrants If you allow sub-account registration (registration for minors under parent email, etc), you can show/hide profiles for sub-account registration.
Post-Registration Approval Needed Use this if you need to approve a registrant under the profile prior to registration completion.
Payment Gateway and Optional Online Payment Setting You can use a different payment gateway for profile registrants or adjust payment rules.
Optional Profile Expiry Use this to set a registration close date for a profile that differs from the overall event registration close.
In the registration Items section, an icon will appear for each profile you created. If the profile is turned on, the icon will be dark. Otherwise, it will be greyed out. Clicking the icon will filter your list of items to show you exactly what registrants in that profile will be able to select on the registration form.
HOW REGISTRANTS INTERACT WITH PROFILES
When you activate profiles, users who go to register will be prompted to select the appropriate profile. In most cases, this is sufficient to properly funnel your attendees into the correct registration path. If you are running an invitational event and wish to assign a profile to each invitee, you may do this in the INVITATIONS & NOTICES area.
CUSTOMIZING FORMS AND OTHER ITEMS FOR CERTAIN PROFILES
You are able to customize the following other areas by profile:
- Registration Forms in the FORMS section of the builder
- Confirmation emails under NOTIFY and INVITE
- Apply discounts by profile under the discount section under Items
- and more!
Under default conditions, the system will present your registration form with identical prompts for each registrant type. If you wish to customize your set of prompts for specific profiles, you can do that by visiting the FORM section of the EventBuilder.
If you want to customize the Form for a given profile, click CONFIGURE next to that profile.