There are two places in which you may upload and store documents in our platform:
1) Document Library: this is an organization-level repository (and what we'll discuss here)
2) Event Builder: this is an event-specific repository
DOCUMENT LIBRARY - ORGANIZATION
Although you can upload resources within the Event Builder for specific events, you can also pre-stock your document library from the ORGANIZATION SETUP area.
To access the organization-level document library, visit your Event Dashboard and click the MANAGE ORGANIZATION tab at the top. Click ORGANIZATION DOCUMENTS.
Here, you can add documents (file types specified when uploading) and categorize them. You can also add videos links and embedded videos.
After a resource is uploaded, click the EDIT button on the right. You can:
- REPLACE - replace the resource with another; when replaced, any EVENT that the resource is tied to will also receive the updated resource (replacement)
- NOTE: if an org resource is added as a "copy" of the original, then replacing the org doc will not have an impact on the event-level copy
- REVIEW - view the resource
- DELETE - remove from the library; IF THIS RESOURCE IS CONNECTED TO AN EVENT, then the system will ask if you'd like to remove that resource from any event it is associated with, or generate copies within the event(s) that the resource is connected to (which would prevent the resource from being deleted from associated events upon deletion)
- NOTE: if an org resource is added as a "copy" of the original, then deleting the org doc will not have an impact on the event-level copy or copies
Documents uploaded to your organization-level document library are accessible via the Communication Center. This allows you to attach these documents to emails and text messages that you send out.
Enter the Communication Center on the Dashboard. In the ATTACHMENT OPTIONS section, you will see all of your organization-level documents listed with an option to attach any one of them to your message.
2) Event Builder: documents uploaded to your organizational document library can be pulled into any specific Event Builder.
Enter the WEBSITE section of the Event Builder and click on the Downloadable Documents tab on the left. You'll see an Add a document from my library dropdown at the top of the tool - from here, you can pull any organization-level document right into your event.
EVENT ON DEMAND RESOURCE LIBRARY
You can connect your organization-level resources to any particular event. In the Event Builder, select the WEBSITE tab at the top. Then click On Demand Resources on the left.
You will see a similar-looking library interface. Here, you can add resources form your organization-level library.
There are two ways to add an org-level resource to your event-level On Demand Resource library:
- LINK - connect a resource; this ensures that if the org-level resource is replaced with another resource or deleted, then that change will ripple across all events where it is linked
- ADD COPY - this creates a copy of the resource within the event. Any change made to this resource on the org-level will not affect any events where there is a copy.