Our discount tool is powerful. You may assign a percent or flat discount to the entire checkout price (or a portion based on select items) of all registrants or registrants of a specific profile. Read below for strategies and best practices.
CREATE A DISCOUNT
To create a discount, follow these steps:
- Flat or Percent? Decide whether you wish to create a flat or percent discount.
- Calculator. Selecting % will reveal a calculator to help you estimate what percent to apply (works great when you have a base price for one class/item and a discounted price for 2 or more of the same priced item).
- Minimum Purchase. Determine the minimum purchase price (of qualifying items). The calculator will help here too. You can remove specific items from the qualifying total by visiting the OPTIONS button for the particular item and changing the INCLUDE IN DISCOUNT menu to "NO."
- Begin & End. Set the beginning and end dates of the discount
- Eligible Registrant Type. Is this an attendee or an exhibitor/sponsor or both?
- Registrant Profile. If you have registration profiles created, you can limit your discount to be available only to a specific profile.
- Conditions. If you make your discount "conditional," it will only become available to registrants who answer one of your custom prompts with a specific answer (that you designate). To create a conditional prompt, click the link below the selector (or just visit the FORM section for your attendees) and access the conditional prompt tool from the form configuration button. The interesting thing about conditional discounts is that the user has no idea that their answer triggered the discount until they get to the final panel of the registration form and see that a discount has been applied. There is no clue that their answer triggered the discount.