There are a few strategies you can use:
- Create single-use coupons for specific individuals based on email address
- Create multi-use coupons with an easy-to-remember code that can be used a limited number of times
- Create a custom question that when answered a certain way generates a discount
SINGLE USE COUPON CODE
- Access the EventBuilder and go to the DISCOUNTS & COUPONS area. Choose the coupon creation tool.
- Complete the fields and be sure to select SINGLE USE ... as the coupon type.
- After you create the coupon, fill in the "Recipient" email address and click the ASSIGN button. Doing this will send an email to the recipient inviting them to register with the coupon code you created for them. Once used, this coupon is no longer valid.
LIMITED MULTI-USE DISCOUNT CODE
- Choose a percent or flat discount and enter the appropriate value.
- If you choose percent, a calculator will guide you if needed.
- Enter the threshold purchase price the registrant must reach to trigger the discount. NOTE: You may exclude items from the calculation of the total purchase price. You can do this by adjusting the options of any item you wish to exclude from the total price calculation.
- Select the options and be sure to keep the "Condition Upon" option set to "Nothing."
- That's it! Because you can limit the number of redemptions and the expiration date, this tool works well to create limited discounts.
- Create a percent or flat discount as described above.
- Set the "CONDITION UPON" option to "A custom prompt only."
- Once the discount is created, it's time to create the prompt/answer combination that will trigger application of the discount. To do that, access the FORM area for registrants.
- When you get into the CUSTOM PROMPTS area of your form, you can set any of your dropdown or radio button prompts to trigger the discount based on the registrant's response to your question.
BE SURE TO REGISTER FOR YOUR OWN EVENT TO SEE HOW YOUR SETTINGS WORK!