We love data and know that you do too. That's why we provide you with a customizable report creation tool.
The Custom Report is easy and quick to access. Simply visit your event dashboard and click the reporting icon on the left side of your event stripe (the icon to the right of the Event Builder icon). The Custom Report option will be at the very top of the menu:
LEVERAGING THE CUSTOM REPORT
The Custom Report is exactly what is sounds like.... a way to create a view of your data with the exact fields and registrant types you'd like included. Let's look at how you can create beautiful data music with the Custom Reporting tool.
WHY USE THE CUSTOM REPORT?
Here are a few common examples of why event hosts choose to utilize the Custom Report tool:
- Get an up-to-date list of all event registrants
- Create a full contact list to distribute after your event for networking purposes
- Build a meal or attendance sheet for an activity occurring at your event (i.e. catering, planning)
- Develop a clean financial outlook of your event, including amounts owed, paid and discounted
These are just a few of many examples of how the Custom Report can add value to your event management process. Let's take a look at how the data is structured within this reporting engine.
HOW THE DATA IS STRUCTURED
OK, let's say you're running a big conference. Think of the Custom Report like a table within your event database.
Each row represents a unique registration record; each column represents a data field. Therefore, any cell represents the corresponding data for a specific registrant and type of data (field).
Take a look at the example screenshot above. Along the left, you'll see numbering for each of the event's registrants.
Across the top, you'll see the following key data fields:
- User First
- User Last
- User Email
- Session 1A (Quantity + Price)
Thus, for each unique registration record, the admin of this particular event/report will see the above data points.
In this example, these fields would be helpful in identifying which registrants chose to participate in "Session 1A" (identified by any record with a Quantity=1 in the corresponding cell of the report).
CREATE AND EXPORT A CUSTOM REPORT
You have a multitude of options to manipulate your data how you see fit. When finished, you can easily export this data into an Excel spreadsheet for further analysis or distribution.
Let's take a walk through the custom reporting interface. When you click into the report builder, you'll see a wealth of options - here are key functions to note right off the bat. Below is home base in the report builder - take a look at the color-coded sections to learn more about it's functionality:
- This is where you create your report - here, select your data fields. Fields will represent the different columns in your report (like User Email and Registration Time)
- Click the carrot icon next to a category of fields to expand the different options - when expanded, you can select specific data fields to include in your report
- Custom Prompts that you create in the FORMS area of the Event Builder will show up here!
- This is where you can preview your report
- It will come in handy when building a report, allowing you to see what kind of data you are about to output to Excel
- Each row (or record) of your data will be an individual attendee that registered for your event
- You can filter your data by Registration Items selected (by your attendees) or by Registrant Profile
- These features allow you to drill down and find exactly what your looking for, amongst who you need
- You can save data templates for later use, across your other events within your organization
- If you do a lot of data analysis using the same exact fields, this will be very useful to your organization
- When you have constructed your desired report, click Save Template - to load an existing one, click Load Template
- When you're ready to use your data, click export!