We all love blast emails! With the Communication Center, you can send mass emails and texts. You can also setup email notices to auto-send at some point in the future.
We will learn about both methods in this article - keep reading to learn more!
SENDING SINGLE EMAILS & TEXTS
Let's take a look at the process of creating and sending custom message blasts from the Communication Center.
The very first step in crafting a message in the Communication Center is to setup your distribution list. First, decide WHO you want to target with the List Type dropdown menu. Then, set which EVENT you're targeting from.
Let's review each List Type:
- Registered Attendees: includes all active registrants that fully completed their form
- Attendees & Plus-X Guests: all active registrants and their simple guests that have an email address attached to their record (see our Guest Setup help article for more information)
- UNPAID Registered Attendees: all active registrants that carry an outstanding balance
- Incomplete Registrations: users that partially filled out the registration form
- You can access your Incomplete Registration list for any event via the dashboard
- Open the event stripe by clicking the blue triangle, then select the red Incomplete button
- In the Incomplete "bucket", you'll see each registrant has a row, with an EMAIL STATUS
- Click the yellow OK button on any registrant to flag as "Do not email"
- Now, when targeting your Incomplete List Type, the blast email won't send to them
- Pending Applications: registrations that have not been approved (see our Custom Profiles help article for more information on Applications)
- Denied Applications: registrations that were turned down
- You can access your denied applications for any event via the event dashboard
- Open the event stripe by clicking the blue triable, then select the red Incomplete button
- In the Incomplete "bucket", you'll a radio button filter at the top called "Declined Registration Applications"
- This will reveal all applicants that you manually declined
- Plus-X Guests: simple guests that have email addresses attached to their record
- Sub-Account Attendees: target the master account emails of your sub-account registrants
Once you have the basic parameters for your email list (target type and target source), you can further filter who you want to target based on two essential elements:
1) Registration Profile
2) Registration Item
Using either of the two aforementioned filtering mechanisms will produce a filtered list of registrants below (with checkboxes next to each name). From there, you can decide to select all applicable registrants, or individually select your recipient list.
CRAFT YOUR MESSAGE
Once you configure your send list, it's time to create some message magic. Hop to the right side of the Communication Center - 3 distinct steps will guide you through the message construction process:
1) Create the Email Message
Decide on important message details, like the "From Name" and "Email Subject". The particulars are critical and we know you need everything dialed in perfectly. You can also set a Reply To Address; so, even though the message is technically generated from our system, you can setup the email to direct direct replies to your inbox.
In the EMAIL MESSAGE box, you will create THE most inspiring message ever. Enough said. Click the SAVE AS A NEW TEMPLATE button below to save your text as a template! That way, you can re-access this content again if you need.
2) Content Blocks
The Content Blocks have pre-designed sections of content that you may choose to include / exclude from your email message.
There are a couple of these content block options that give you unique abilities:
- EVENT TRAVEL BLOCK: Any prompt that is categorized as "Travel Related" and filled out for the registrant, will show the corresponding data for any recipient.
- For example, let's say you are booking travel for your speakers
- You fill out their itineraries in their travel-related prompts within their account
- Then, use this content block to send that travel information back to the speaker
- BALANCE DUE & PAY NOW: Need to remind registrants to pay their bill? Use this content block to present the recipient with their outstanding balance and a button to pay off that balance
- CEU HOURS: Send recipients a breakdown of the credit hours that they earned during the event
3) Attachment Options
In this section, you can attach a survey and/or document(s) to your email.
Generate surveys in the SURVEY DASHBOARD (the next-door neighbor tab to the COMMUNICATION CENTER).
For documents, head to the MANAGE ORGANIZATION tab on the Dashboard, then click DOCUMENT LIBRARY. Upload documents here, which can be attached to Communication Center emails and specific event websites at any point.