The QR code that is generated for a website link is completely separate and distinct from attendee/registrant QR codes.
In the "Links To Your Event Site" section, you can grab the QR code for your event website. This is used on printed materials
so interested parties can scan the code to go to the website versus typing in a URL.
The registrant QR code is unique for each and every registrant. It can be used:
- by an admin to check the attendee in to the event and/or individual sessions within the event
- by another attendee or exhibitor to gather contact information (you would need to "Activate mobile lead/contact scanning" in the Mobile section of the EVENT BUILDER)
As an event host, there are a few options as to how you can implement:
- At check-in, have the registrant / attendee visit the event website on their mobile device. If they are registered and signed in, they will see "My Scan" code. Tapping this will reveal the QR code for the admin to scan.
- Provide a link to the QR code in the confirmation email. In the EVENT BUILDER, under Forms, Profiles & Notices, you would elect to "Show link to QR Check-in Code" in the Confirmation Email section. The attendee would then just click the link in the confirmation email to show their QR code to an admin (similar to an airline and mobile boarding pass).
- Enable the attendee to "self print" a physical voucher with the QR code. In the EVENT BUILDER, under Forms, Profiles & Notices, you would elect to "Enable attendee to self-print" next to Scannable Vouchers in the Confirmation Page Section. This would allow the attendee to print the vouchers on check out or later on through their "My Events" area of their account
- Include the attendee QR code on your printed badges. If you use the print badges/labels options native to Eventsquid, you can elect to include the QR code. If you are using an external service, you can provide the QR URL using a custom report (select QR Code URL in the Check-In Items area of the custom report)
For scanning, you can use any QR scanning app. We recommend QR Scanner by MixerBox because after you are finished with an attendee, you can return to the scanner screen in one tap.
For admin functions (like check-in), you will need to provide an admin user id after you scan. User IDs can be found in the MANAGE ORGANIZATION > AUTHORIZED USERS area of your event dashboard.