To issue a CC refund from registrant's transaction, you will first need to visit your payment gateway (i.e. PayPal). Use your gateway's system to refund the registrant first - this takes care of the "real cash transaction".
Now, come back to the Eventsquid platform and reconcile the refund. You can use the accounting adjustment tool (accessed via the dashboard) to reflect the refund on the registrant's account in the system:
- Open your Registered Attendees list on your event dashboard (green button)
- Click the name of the registrant to open their details panel, or registrant record
- Click the ADJUST ACCOUNT button at the top of the panel
- Use the dropdown to select "Reduce a Payment", then enter the amount of the refund
- You may use the Administrative Notes section to annotate the transaction (any administrative notes will show as a line item on the registrant's invoice/receipt)
After reflecting the refund, you may resend the registrant their invoice, using the the RESEND NOTICES button at the top of the registrant's details panel. Inside that confirmation email will be a link to view their invoice.