You're an event host. You're about to........host an event....we hope. You have your primary registration experience dialed in. Now, you need to worry about those extra people....the extra head counts...the bane of every host's existence:
Queue suspenseful music....but before you flip, let us walk you through two tools that will turn that frown upside down.
Introducing the Eventsquid Guest Setup tool. To access, head into the Event Builder >> click SPECIAL REGISTRANTS on the left side >> then press Guest Setup on the right side. Our system gives you two ways of handling guest registrations. What's more, our system gives the primary registrant an abundance of flexibility in how they'd like to register and/or invite their guests to register.
There are 2 primary ways in which you can account for guest registrations (NOTE: you can only use 1 method per event):
- The Simple "Plus X" Method: aka the "tag along" method, used when guests need not make registration selections and when you (the host) need not gather much information about those guests
- The Full Guest Method: allows you to create a full registration experience for all guests and treat them like primary registrants
SIMPLE "PLUS X" GUEST METHOD
Examples of when to use the "Plus X" method:
- "....my registrants are entitled to purchase tickets for guests to join dinner..."
- "....registrants can bring their spouse..."
- "....I just need the guest registrants name and email, nothing else...."
Some specific use cases we typically see with the "Plus X" Method:
- Gala-type simple event, with general registration and the ability to buy dinner seats for additional people
- Golf tournament which allows foursome team registration - you don't need much information on the teammates, just names and team associations
- Fun carnival-type event where general admission fees are required, yet no specific activity selection is needed
- Private event where the primary registrant is allowed to bring a guest (like a spouse) to general activities (e.g. meals)
FULL GUEST METHOD
Examples of when to use the Full Guest method:
- "....I need guest registrants to tell me which sessions they'd like to attend...."
- "....guest registrants don't need to choose the same activities as their hosts...."
- "....I need primary exhibitor registrants to invite/register additional colleagues..."
Some specific use cases we typically see with the Full Guest Method:
- Trade show with exhibitor booths - you need the exhibitor team lead to register for the booth and invite additional colleagues to help man the booth
- Everyone needs a name badge
- Complex conferences that allow you to invite other people - every single registrant needs to fill out full information (i.e. mailing address, company, position) as well as make session/activity selections