At the bottom of the Website section's tool menu is a quick sub-section called Miscellaneous. Although at the bottom, do not ignore! The two tools here are valuable when leveraged in the right scenario.
In the Forwarding Options tool, you can can create a redirection button or auto-forward mechanism that sends visitors/clickers to:
- Another Eventsquid website you are running
- A custom URL that you decide (ONLY available with the auto-forwarding tool)
Why do that? Many reasons, here are a few examples:
- You have a custom Wordpress site you'd like to show off - you have your Eventsquid registration links located on this Wordpress site, so visitors can easily click back into the registration form from this destination
- You had another registration site active that is now outdated and need visitors to register for a newer event
- Your event is over and you'd like to start promoting next year
- You have another website that contains additional information and would like to provide a button/link on your Eventsquid site to that destination so attendees can read more
The button and auto-forward are almost equivalent - one involves a button and the other is an automatic redirect once the attendee hits your Eventsquid site.
LINKS TO YOUR EVENT SITE
Hyperlink city. Hop into this section and we'll give you every link you could ever want. Links to:
- Your mobile web app
- Registration form
- Registration for for all of your active Custom Profiles
- Your website home page
You're gonna like the way you link.
On top of the links, we provide you with a Tracking Code mechanism. Now let's say you're running a Facebook ad campaign to promote your event. You need to link people directly from the FB ad to your event website or registration form on Eventsquid.
You'd also like to track the registrations that come from that FB ad campaign. To track, simply create a code and add - the system will append your code to the end of your URLs:
Now, simply grab that link, paste into your FB ad and let the magic happen. After (or during) registration, you can track who registers using this link (i.e. who you converted through our example FB campaign).
To track, head to your Event Dashboard. Click the Reporting icon (right next to the Event Builder icon, on top of your event). Now select Custom Reports at the very top of the reporting menu.
In the pick list on the left, you will see a field called Referral Site (under the Attendee Profile category). Select this field and the tracking code(s) you created will populate in their corresponding registrant's record.
Export and be on your way!