One feature we love about the mobile app is the personal itinerary functionality. It allows users to build a custom personal agenda on the fly. What's more, with the right event configuration, you can have the itinerary/agenda linked to your core registration experience.
To learn more about linking your core registration experience to your agenda/itinerary, click HERE.
MANUAL SLOTS VERSUS ITEM-CONNECTED SLOTS
As you know, the agenda can accommodate two types of slots (see HERE for more information):
- Manual Slots: these are built directly into the agenda
- Item-Connected Slots: agenda slots that are connected to an underlying registration item
Either type of slot functions with the Personal Itinerary function. Here is the core difference:
Manual Slots are "floating" entities - they are not tied to any data and not recorded. They may be freely added / removed from the personal itinerary, but you will not have a record of it.
Item-Connected Slots are linked to a registration item. Registration items are recorded against registration records, which means they are included in your event dataset. This means that when registrants add/remove item-connected slots from their personal itinerary, the changes are recorded against their registration record and thus will reflect on the dashboard and in reporting.
It's important to have this in mind when building your event. For example, if you need to keep track of itinerary changes and session reservations (i.e. for reporting purposes), then:
- Create Registration Items to represent each session choice
- Connect those items to the agenda
Read THIS article, which discusses Item-Connected-Slot strategy in depth.
ACCESSING MY ITINERARY
To access the itinerary, visit the mobile app. There are various ways you can direct registrants to the mobile app, such as:
- Google search on a mobile device
- Mobile app button within confirmation email
- Direct link
Once in the app, users will need to login by clicking the avatar icon in the upper right corner. Registrants can use their standard login credentials or by using their confirmation number + last name. The confirmation number can be found within their confirmation email.
Once logged in, the registrant will see a MY ITINERARY button on the home screen. Tapping the itinerary will reveal their itinerary, which functions exactly like the; mobile agenda.
ADDING & REMOVING SLOTS
Tap a slot on the agenda, then tap ADD TO ITINERARY to add the session to your itinerary. Tap a slot that's already on your personal itinerary, then tap REMOVE FROM ITINERARY to remove from your itinerary.
There are two cases in which item-connected slots cannot be freely added to a user's personal itinerary:
- If the underlying registration item has a price
- If the underlying registration item has any exclude rules applied to it
However, if a priced item (and/or item that has exclusion logic applied to it) is properly selected during the initial registration process, that item will appear on the personal itinerary after registration is complete.
Remember, Item-Connected Slots are agenda slots that are connected to an underlying registration item. Registration items are selected during the initial registration process. Thus, registration items that are connected to the agenda and selected during initial registration will be saved to the user's personal itinerary.
When registration is complete, the user can login to the mobile app, access their itinerary and see the item-connected slots that they selected during registration.
This aspect also goes for registration modifications and admin modifications.
1) Modification: if a registrant adds/removes an item via the registration modification form, and that item is connected to an agenda slot, that user's itinerary will be adjusted accordingly
2) Admin: if an admin adds/removes an item via the Event Dashboard, and that item is connected to an agenda slot, that user's itinerary will be adjusted accordingly
You are able to prevent individual sessions from being "add-able" to the personal itinerary.
Navigate into the Agenda tab of the Event Builder, then select the Agenda Setup tool on the left. There two different places to deactivate My Itinerary functionality for slots:
- Slot: click on a slot and you will see a checkbox "Disable 'Add to My Itinerary' For This Slot"
- Day: each day on your agenda will have a checkbox "Disable 'Add to My Itinerary' For This Day"