YOU NEED ONE ITEM
Eventsquid registration forms are composed of two key elements:
- 1) FORM PROMPTS: questions/fields you request your registrants to fill out
- 2) REGISTRATION ITEMS: options (free or priced) you are offering for sign up
1) PROMPT REQUIREMENT: Our registration setup tools require that you at least collect FIRST NAME, LAST NAME and EMAIL from all registrants, with a couple exceptions:
- Simple guests may not be asked to submit an email address
- Sub-Accounts need not submit an email; the master account email fulfills that requirement
2) ITEM REQUIREMENT: At a minimum, each registrant MUST have at least one item selected in order to checkout. Think about this requirement as if the registrant is online shopping - in order to checkout, the custom needs at least a single item in their cart.
SETTING UP A SINGLE ITEM EVENT
At first, this concept might be a bit confusing. After all, if your event only requires a few bits of information from your registrant, or your event is collecting applications for free and applicants need not sign up for any options, the items seem pointless.
However, it's very simple to fulfill the minimum item requirement. Just create a single item and make that option mandatory. That way, registrants don't need to select anything; the item is automatically added to the registrant's "cart" and they can checkout.
CREATE THE ITEM
Enter the Event Builder, then select the REGISTRATION tab at the top. Click the Registration Items tool on the left. Click the New Item (or the Create Your First Item) button. Use the Enhanced Item type (a quantity selector is not necessary - click HERE for a video to help you brush up on item basics):
Name the item something along the lines of REGISTRATION CONFIRMED or APPLICATION SUBMISSION COMPLETE. Experiment with the naming style and make sure to test your registration to make sure the item makes sense within the context of your attendee registering.
At the bottom of the item's settings panel, set the Registrant Must Choose This to YES. This will make the item mandatory. In other words, the item will automatically be checked by the time the registrant reaches it and they won't be able to de-select it.
The next step is optional, but we think it adds a nice touch. Click the New Group button at the top of the Registration Items tool. Name your group something like "REGISTRATION CONFIRMATION - PROCEED". Again, experiment with a naming style that fits your target demographic and event context.
Click and drag the double-sided arrow on the left side of the item and move your item underneath the group. Inside the group settings, feel free to add verbiage that you think might assist your registrants with the checkout process.
INTEGRATING WITH REGISTRATION
The final step is to integrate your item with the rest of your registration experience. If you are NOT using Custom Profiles (i.e. you used the Registration Form - Default tool), you don't need to do anything else.
If you ARE using Custom Profiles, make sure you add the item to the right profile(s) (click HERE for a refresher on Custom Profiles).