Navigation: EVENT BUILDER > ACTIVATE & PUBLISH tab
TIMES & DEADLINES
This tool is responsible for 2 main objectives:
- Set the dates at which registration should open / close to the public
- Set the dates at which registration modifications should be prohibited
OPEN & CLOSE DATES
Use this section to decide when to open registration for attendees and when to close registration. Note that if you are unable to extend your registration close date beyond a certain point, this most likely means your event end date is in the way (the system will not allow you to extend the registration close date beyond the end date of the event).
There are two variations of post-registration modifications that an attendee can make:
- 1) Modify Responses to Questions: registrants can return after checkout and change their responses to all form prompts you asked in your registration form.
- 2) Modify Registration Selections: registrants can return after checkout and change their registration item selections so long as those changes fit within the following guidelines:
- Registrants CANNOT deselect registration items that cost money - only free items. They can ADD priced items when modifying, however. This is to prevent unknown refund requests
- Registrants CANNOT remove items that were included free during initial registration
- Registrants CANNOT add/remove an item that is connected to guest registration
- Registrants CANOT add/remove an item that is connected to booth registration
A registrant can modify their registration using a few different pathways:
- User logs into Eventsquid.com >> accesses the MY EVENTS area
- User (signed in) returns to the event page >> clicks to register >> selects "Modify my Registration"
- User clicks the registration modification link within their initial confirmation email