WHAT IF I DON'T HAVE MY COURSES SET YET?
Oftentimes, we get asked what to do if courses have not yet been decided upon. In other words, your agenda and speaker roster might be in flux. We understand, things change often in the events industry.
That's why our tool is made to be flexible and accommodate the dynamic demands of planners. Items can be generated before or during the registration process. Attendees have the ability to modify their initial registration selections at a later date.
Furthermore, items themselves can be modified by you, even after people start registering. If the credit hour value of an item changes, you can return to the Builder at a later date and make the change, which will be reflected in the attendee record of anyone that picked that course.
If the timing and/or description of an item changes after you've launched registration, you can modify that at a later date as well, just return to the Event Builder and modify the item.
Even speaker assignments can be made and modified on your agenda after registration launches.
Of course, if you have any questions about this, feel free to shoot us a note at email@example.com and we can help guide you through the process.
CONFIGURE CREDIT ASSIGNMENTS & AWARD CRITERIA
After you create your registration items and assign dates and times, you can setup each course with assigned credit values, labels.
Furthermore, you can determine the criteria that is used to determine who, at the conclusion of the event, has successfully earned credit hours.
EDUCATION CREDITS GRID
In the REGISTRATION section of the Event Builder, navigate to the SPECIALTY REGISTRATION section of the main menu on the left. Click the Education Credits option.
The Education Credits grid will display all of your registration items with an assigned time.
The Education Credits utility has two main sections:
BASIC SETUP - the top section contains event-level preferences for the
- Award Criteria: set the conditions that [any given registrant] must meet in order to be awarded with credits they signed up for
- Credit Acronym: customize the notation used to define your credits (i.e. these CEU's or Continuing Education Units)
- Value Label: set the type of measurement used (i.e. credits versus hours)
- Display Credit On Registration Form: when the box is checked, any registration item that hasan assigned credit value & label will show said value & label on the registration form, to the registrant
- Auto Generate Check-In/Out Codes: Randomly generate check-in and check-out codes for each registration item. These codes would be for the self check-in mechanism if you decide to use it
- Award Credits: when ready (usually after the event), this button will prompt the system to determine who has properly earned credits (based on the Award Criteria set in Step 1) and assign them appropriately.
EDUCATION CREDIT ASSIGNMENTS - the bottom section is for credit assignments
- Credit Name: classify the type of credits this course awards (i.e. "BIO for "Foundational Biology")
- Credit Value: give the course an amount of hours that can be earned by an attendee
- Check-In/out Code: these can be manually typed in or generated automatically with the randomizer in the Basic Setup area above (see Step 5 under Basic Setup list above)
- Value Applies To: for any given course that is offered for more than 1 custom profile, you can vary the credit value awarded based on the profile of the registrant
Take a look at our example layout of courses in the Education Credits grid, in the screenshot below:
Each row represents an item. The grid will separate your items based on the Registration Item Groups you have assigned them to (i.e. "Introductory Sessions" and "Foundational Learning Sessions"). Here are a few additional features to take note of, in the Grid:
1) Each course can be labeled with a Credit Name. The Credit Name is a symbol for the type of educational units that it awards.
- Click the yellow MANAGE link to enter the Education Credit library
- The Credit Name Library is hosted on your Dashboard and can be access from the Manage Organization tab
- It holds a library of all Credit Names that have been used before
- The library makes it easy to assign an existing Credit Name to a course - simply start typing and the system will auto-suggest
2) Use the Applies To column on the far right side of the Education Credits grid to vary the value of credit that is awarded to the registrant, based on their Registration Profile:
- Click the ALL PROFILES button on the right side of a course
- A small window will appear, showing you each profile that the course (item) is offered to
- Here, you can vary the value awarded to the registrant, for a given course, based on that registrant's profile
AWARDING, VIEWING & DISTRIBUTING EARNED CREDITS
Once the event concludes, it's time to award credit hours. Based on the Award Criteria you set above, the system will automatically determine who has successfully earned credits.
AWARDING CREDITS TO ATTENDEES
Enter the REGISTRATION section of the Event Builder and access the Education Credits utility. Then click the AWARD CREDITS button:
Once you click the AWARD CREDITS button, the awards modal will show. Click the AWARD CREDITS button to confirm. When confirmed, the system will instantly determine who has earned credits and will assign them to each attendee's record:
When the award assignment has completed, you'll see a quick summary including:
- The date that the awards assignment was run
- The name of the admin that awarded the credits
- Total number of different courses awarded (Credits Awarded)
- Total number of each type of credit name awarded (Credit Breakdown)
You can always come back and RE-AWARD CREDITS. Clicking this option will wipe all existing credits, so that the system can run a fresh calculation on who is currently eligible to receive credits, then assign accordingly. It's like wiping the slate clean and re-assigning credits according to the most up-to-date information.
Admins can also access the REVIEW AWARD LOG feature, which shows a record of each time an admin came in and awarded credits to this event's registrant list. The name of the admin is listed.