Adding PayPal Payflow Pro as a Payment Processor in Eventsquid
In order to configure your Eventsquid account to use PapPal Payflow Pro as a payment processor, you will need to 1) gather credentials for your PayPal Payflow Pro account and 2) add them to your Eventsquid account.
From your PayPal Payflow Pro account, you will need the following credentials:
Locating your PayPal Payflow Pro Credentials
The PayPal Payflow Pro administrator within your organization should have the credentials specified above. It they do not have them at the ready, you can look up most from within your PayPal Payflow Pro account.
You will start at https://manager.paypal.com/
PayPal has two ways to log in to your Payflow manager, using your Payflow credentials or Using your PayPal credentials.
1. After you log in, click Account Administration
2. Click Manage Users
3. You may use your main ADMIN user account or a different account. It is recommended by Payflow that you create a secondary user with the role API_FULL_TRANSACTIONS for an integration so the user account doesn't get the password changed inadvertently.
Click the link under User Login.
4. Under "User Login Information" you will find Partner, Vendor (also called Merchant Login), User (also called User Login Name). The password is not revealed but needed for the configuration. This password should be known by the user or your PayPal Payflow Pro administrator.
Hosted Checkout Page Settings In Payflow
Additionally, you need to confirm your Hosted Checkout Page settings in your PayPal Manager.
1. Click Service Settings from the top menu and click Hosted Checkout Pages. Click Set up.
- Under "Silent Post for Data Transfer", make sure this is set to "Yes" with the "Enter Silent Post URL" blank (Eventsquid generates this dynamically)
- Be sure to click "Save Changes" at the bottom of the page if any changes were made.
2. Click Service Settings from the top menu and click Hosted Checkout Pages. Click Customize.
- Layout C is recommended if you do not need to collect additional information for payment (e.g., billing address, etc). Choose Layout C and click Save and Publish.
- If you need to collect additional information for payment, you may choose Layout A or B; however under Set Up, ensure you check the data fields you want to collect and for those you require, ensure they are both Required and Editable.
Adding your PayPal API Credentials to Eventsquid
1. From your main Eventsquid dashboard, click Manage Organization
2. Click the Payment Processing panel or Payment Processing from the menu on the left
3. Click ADD and select PayPal Payflow
4. You can give your PayPal Payflow account a nickname for easy reference (optional). If you don't want to include a nickname just leave it blank and click Add.
5. Enter your PayPal Payflow credentials. Click Default in the upper left to make your PayPal Payflow processor available for events. Click Save Processor when complete.
Once you have your payment processor configured, you are ready to accept payments for your event!