CONDITIONAL SURVEY QUESTIONS
Many times, you will want to create a follow-up question that only appears if the user answers the preliminary question a certain way.
This is exactly like the conditional prompt mechanism in the Event Builder.
CONFIGURE FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS
First, make sure that you have a multiple choice survey question (i.e. dropdown menu, radio button or checkbox input type). You'll need a multi-choice question first in order to be able to condition a follow-up question off of a specific answer choice.
Then, follow these steps:
- Hover over your primary question, then click the gear icon to open the element settings
- Check the box Enable Follow-Up Questions under the ADVANCED section. From here, there are two ways to add a follow-up question to your survey:
- 1) Then click the ADD FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS button that appeared just below your question in the editing panel. Then, select the element / question type from the list that you'd like to use as the follow-up
- 2) Click and drag the element/question from the lefthand menu right below the FOLLOW-UP QUESTIONS header
- Once you have your follow-up question situated in the central editing panel, opportunity to edit the follow-up question in the Element Settings panel. Here, you can link the follow-up question to the appropriate answer choice from the initial question (see screenshot below):
Once you have linked your follow-up question to the initial question, click the FULL TEST button in the upper right corner of the survey tool to give it a test.