The Auto Reminders utility in Eventsquid enables you to pre-configure email message content that is setup to send on a future date.
CONFIGURE AUTO REMINDERS
Enter the Event Dashboard, then select the COMMUNICATION CENTER tab. Then, click the Schedule Auto Reminders button at the top of the utility.
The Auto Reminder tool is broken out into two halves:
1) The left side of the tool contains EXISTING auto reminders that have NOT YET been triggered/sent. These are reminders that are in the queue.
2) The right side of the tool is there to create your message. You will see most of the same settings/features that are available in the Single Email & Text area of the Communication Center.
In the Single Email & Text tool, the target recipient filtering options are located in the upper left corner. In the Auto Reminders tool, first, you need to designate a TARGET EVENT using the dropdown in STEP 1 CREATE EMAIL MESSAGE.
Once you select your target event, you'll see a LIMIT TO scrollable box with options to filter event recipients by Registration Profile and/or Registration Items.
MESSAGE & CONTENT OPTIONS
Use STEP 1 CREATE EMAIL MESSAGE to setup the body, subject line and Reply To Address (in addition to your target event and recipient filters, mentioned above).
STEP 2 CONTENT BLOCKS enables you to use pre-formatted email inserts for specialty items like "attendee QR code" and "target attendee balance due + PAY NOW button". These content block options are the same in the Single Email & Text tool.
SCHEDULING & TESTING
In STEP 3 SCHEDULING, you can set a trigger date for the email notice. Note that it is not recommended to create an auto reminder that will send the same day - in that, we recommend using the Single Email & Text tool.
Also note that you are not able to specify a specific time. All Auto Reminders trigger at around 4am EST on the day that they are setup to go out.
Click the SAVE NEW REMINDER button to generate the Reminder.
TESTING & EDITING
After you click the SAVE NEW REMINDER button, you will see your new reminder appear on the left side. From this view, you can:
- See/Change the send date of your notice
- View your target filters (i.e. "Speakers" profile in the screenshot below)
- Delete the reminder
- View/edit the body of your auto reminder message
- Send a test to yourself - see below guidelines for testing your auto reminders
- If you are using FILTERING on your auto reminder (i.e. targeting a specific profile/item), you need to be registered for the event AND fulfill the filtering requirements - then you can properly send a test message to yourself
- If you are NOT using filtering, then you can freely send test reminders to yourself without having to be registered for the event