On the Event Dashboard, you can view a list of all incomplete registration attempts. Incomplete Registrations are either registrations that are in progress or abandoned registrations from attendees. Most events will have at least a few incomplete registration attempts. There are many variables that go into a registration attempt and some may cause an abandoned cart, including:
- Registrant simply starting and not completing a registration
- Internet connectivity issues
- Idle registration (left on screen for too long)
The Eventsquid Dashboard allows you to access, communicate with and register your list of incomplete registration attempts. Below, we'll discuss the various tools and abilities you have available to you.
To access your Incomplete Registrations list for a given event, login to the Dashboard and click on your event listing. You will see a red INCOMPLETE button unfurl from the event listing:
The Incomplete modal will appear:
There are different components to the Incomplete modal:
SECTIONS - in the upper right corner, you will see the 3 sections of the Incomplete list:
- Incomplete Registrations: list of all incomplete registration attempts (most commonly used)
- Declined Applications: only applicable if using Registration Profiles WITH application status
- Admin Cancelled: list of all deleted registrations (admin uses red X on attendee list to completely remove the attendee from the event
REMOVE - on the left side of each incomplete record, no matter which section you are within, you can click the red X icon to remove the record from the Incomplete list. There are a few reasons why you might want to remove:
- Clean up the list of incomplete records for organization purposes
- Clear out test attempts you and your colleagues submitted prior to the event launch
- Easily exclude folks from communications to incomplete registrations (more on this below)
- Enable the ASSIGN REGISTRATION TO ANOTHER PERSON feature more easily (reviewed below)
NOTE: you must wait 24 hours before you can remove a registrant from the Incomplete list. This is due to the fact that the registration may still be in progress. You want to allow proper time for the incomplete registration to truly be "abandoned" before removing.
EXPORT & SEARCH - use the search bar to locate a registrant within the list below.
Then, create a CSV report of incomplete registrations. Keep in mind that whatever SECTION you are currently within, the export button will create a report of THAT subset of your Incomplete list. The report that is exported will include the following fields:
- Registration ID
- Full Name
- Reg start date and time stamp
- Email address
- Phone number (if entered)
- The last screen they were logged within
- How many failed attempts they logged
- Whether they have been opted out of communications (more on this below)
LOGS, EMAIL STATUS & REGISTER - the buttons on the right offer additional control and insight over your incomplete registrants:
- The LOGS will show a breadcrumb trail of steps that the incomplete registrant took, indicating what might have happened to cause the failed attempt. Admins can use this as a preliminary diagnostic tool before speaking with a registrant.
- The STATUS button will allow the admin to opt the incomplete registrant out of email communications that are targeted specifically to incomplete registrants (more below)
- The REGISTER button allows the admin to push the incomplete registrant through to full registered status. In the event that a registrant calls your organization and requests assistance, this is a very easy way of assisting the registrant in getting fully registered.
The Incomplete Registrations list has implications on 2 other important features:
- Targeted Email Communications
- Assigning Registration to Someone Else
TARGETED EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS
Admins can send an email blast to listed Incomplete Registrants (NOT Admin Cancelled). First, navigate to the Dashboard, then select the COMMUNICATION CENTER tab at the top.
In the upper left corner, use the LIST TYPE dropdown to select your segment of recipients, including either:
- Incomplete Registrations
- Denied Applications
This feature can assist you in communicating with abandoned registrations and helping improve your registration conversion / completion rate.
In order to exclude any incomplete registrations from being contacted in a targeted email blast, you can do one of two things:
- Remove the incomplete record by click the red X in the Incomplete panel
- Set the incomplete record to DO NOT BUG (click OK on the right, then switch the toggle)
ASSIGNING REGISTRATION TO SOMEONE ELSE
In the scenario that a registrant requests to transfer their registration to someone else that will attend in their place, admins can assign a registration to that designated person.
First, open the Event Dashboard and click the event listing, then open the Registered Attendees list below.
Click on a registrant to open their Registrant Detail's Panel, then select the PERSONAL PROFILE tab on the left.
At the top, you will see a link ASSIGN REGISTRATION TO ANOTHER PERSON. When clicked, you can enter the email address of that new person. However, if the REPLACEMENT person is already listed within the Incomplete Registrations list, then the system will deny the assignment request.
When this happens, you have two options:
- Delete the existing registration and simply manually register the person from the Incomplete list
- Remove the replacement from the Incomplete list and then retry the re-assignment of the registration
Once removed from the Incomplete list, the replacement can now substitute for the existing registrant.