Use our drag and drop space design tool to create an interactive space map. When registrants select a registration item that is connected to your space map, they will be able to select a spot from your map and add it to their registration.
When a space is chosen from the map (and the registrant successfully completes their registration), the space is reserved and cannot be chosen by another registrant.
The Click N' Buy space map tool gives you incredible control over the spaces you offer. Use this tool for anything from golf hole sponsorship selections to exhibit hall booth reservations.
CREATING AN INTERACTIVE SPACE MAP
There are two key steps in creating an interactive space map:
- BUILD MAP: click, resize, drag, label, position, price, etc.
- CONNECT TO REGISTRATION: link the finished map to one more several registration items (see here for more details on registration items) so that the map is accessible via the form
- NOTE: this step can be optional if your organization prefers to keep the tool internal
1) Typically, it is best to have one registration item linked to the space map. For example, if you are offering an exhibitor booth, you will want to have a Registration Item named along the lines of "Booth Rental" or "Exhibitor Registration".
2) Registration Items can be limited to an allowable quantity of one or more per registrant. The booth map will enforce the quantity selected by the registrant (of the underlying registration item):
- Meaning, if the registrant picks a quantity of two from the registration item, then the space map will limit that registrant to selecting a max of two booths
3) You can set booth pricing in two places: the Registration Item and the booth map/space itself. There are a few strategies you can utilize:
- Set the price in the registration item. If all of your spaces will be the same price, then no need to enter an individual price for each booth in the map tool. Instead, set the price in the underlying registration item.
- Set the price in the space management tool. If your space prices vary by location, you have the ability to set premiums / unique pricing for each individual booth in the Click N Buy tool.
- Both. If a basic space is included with your registration, but certain spaces may be an "upgrade" (think airline seat selection), you can set the base fee within the underlying Registration Item, then designate premiums to certain spaces within the Click N Buy tool.
- You are running a golf tournament and you offer a general sponsorship that includes signage at a hole and a separate hold sponsorship. Hole sponsorship is the same regardless of the actual hole. Set the price only in the registration items.
- You are having a gala and are selling table sponsorships. The base price for a table sponsorship is $1,000 but certain tables are $1,500. Set the price in the registration item to $1,000. In the space management tool, set the price for the special tables to $500; set all other tables to $0. For the sponsor picking the extra fancy table, their checkout will include the $1,000 for the registration item and $500 for the table upgrade.
- You are hosting an outdoor event and the price of camping spot varies by location and type (RV, tent). Set your pricing in the space management tool.
CREATE & MANAGE SPACES
First, enter the Click N' Buy Spaces tool. You will see the page broken out into the two key steps mentioned above:
- Create the Map
- Connect the Map To Registration
CREATE THE MAP
First, click the CREATE & MANAGE SPACES green button to enter the map editor. This is the area in which you build your interactive booth map.
The map editor show you a grid, in which you will draw your booth spaces. You can upload a background image (i.e. it helps to have an underlying image of your desired schematic) using the upload utility in the upper right corner of the screen.
Read below to learn about the different various settings/tool within the Click N Buy space map editor:
- Map Settings Menu: click the blue SETTINGS button to reveal multiple map editing options. Most of these will either manipulate the entire map's properties. In this panel, you can edit a group of spaces altogether, add more spaces and change the overall dimensions of your map. More details below.
- The Deck & The Map: The central editing grid is interactive. Click & drag to position and resize your spaces. The upper left corner will hold all spaces that are available to add to the floor. Once a space is dragged from the "deck" (yellow) to the floor, the space turns green and is thus active.
- Upload Background Image: It's very helpful to upload a static background static image of your schematic. This helps not only construct an accurate representation of your map in the Builder; it also helps registrants gain an understanding of where booths are located in context with the venue.
- Activate Map: When the map is ready to go, click to activate the map (IF you plan to connect the map to a registration item and allow registrants to make space selections during registration).
ADDITIONAL MAP-MAKING TIPS
- To drag MULTIPLE booths, hold the SHIFT key down while selecting the booths you wish to move
- Create widgets (like concession stands, restrooms, etc.) with the NEW WIDGET button
- Drag the lower right corner of any booth or widget to change its size and shape
- Click the small 3-dot icon on a booth to change the shape and color of the booth
- Double-click a booth to delete it. You can delete multiple spaces using the EDIT feature for the arena
- Double-click a widget to remove it from the map
- Change the dimensions of the overall map by dragging the lower right corner of the dashed border
- You can create multiple maps for your event using the dropdown in the upper left corner
The blue SETTINGS button in the upper left corner offers you a range of controls that mostly effect your map layout as a whole:
1) SETTINGS: MAP ATTRIBUTES SECTION
Use the map attributes section to alter the overall properties of your space map:
Adjust the dimensions, name and description of your map. The Total Spaces utility will increase the total number of spaces available for use on the map. Recall that The Deck holds all unused spaces.....if you drag all spaces off the deck and need more, just use this Total Spaces tool to increase that number.
2) SETTINGS: SPACE IDENTIFICATION
The Space Identification section of the settings tool will let you re-label one or multiple spaces at the same time. Take a look at these controls below:
3) SETTINGS: BULK MODIFY SPACES
If you'd like to remove, resize, copy or reshape multiple spaces (or one) at once, use the Bulk Modify Spaces tool in the settings panel.
To use the tool, enter the space ID for the first and last spaces of the range of spaces you'd like to modify.
Once you have all of your spaces set, you can work with the grid below the map editor, which is called the Manifest. The Manifest shows the price (which can be modified), the assignment (i.e. who purchased the booth) and the space ID (including both the number that was generated by the system and the ID that was assigned to the space by you (if applicable). See below:
- Space Num: The space number is the customer-facing ID that shows to registrants that select the it. By default, the space number will start out as the same as the Space ID (the internal ID number our system assigns to each space with)
- Space ID: The internal ID that our system uses to track the space
- Size: The dimensions that the system generates for the space (these can be hidden)
- Price: The space price set in the Click N Buy Spaces tool is separate from the price you give the underlying registration item that is linked to the space map. You can may exclusively set pricing in the registration item, exclusively in the space tool, or set the price in both
- E.G. You could set a base price in the registration item, then use the pricing column in the map tool to add premiums to specific booth locations
- Attendee: Registered attendees that bought a space during registration will show next to their corresponding booth. You can manually assign an attendee to any space if that person/company is already registered for the event, using these dropdown menu to the right of any un-assigned space
After creating your space map, the next step is to connect it to the registration form (registration items):
The most important configuration setting is the "Which items display map selection button?" option. This allows you to connect the space map that you crafted to one or more registration items. When an item (that is connected to the space map) is selected by an actual registrant, they will gain access to pick one or more spaces from the map.
- The registrant gets a record of the space they picked in their invoice and confirmation email
- As the event host, you can also see in their registration details what that person selected
You can also set whether the registrant MUST select a space with the corresponding registration item (after selecting it) or not.
You can setup your booth / space registration to limit the attendee to the appropriate selection of spaces based on the number they have selected.
The underlying registration item that is connected to you booth map is responsible for setting this limitation. The quantity of the item that is selected by the registrant dictates the number of spaces that the registrant can pick from the map upon entering it.
If using an Enhanced registration item, the maximum selectable quantity of that item for any registrant is one, which thereby would limit the registrant to only selecting a single space from the map (if connected to the map).
When using an Attendee registration item, the registrant is able to select a quantity of one or more. You can also set this limit within the item's settings panel. Use the "Limit of this item per registrant" setting / dropdown in the item to drive the limit per registrant.