A registration form that you build within Eventsquid consists of 2 key parts:
- FORM PROMPTS - qualitative registrant questions (i.e. travel info, personal info, etc.)
- REGISTRATION ITEMS - options you give to the registrant for selection (i.e. fees, sessions, etc.)
For more simplistic events, you can create a single registration form. For more complex events, you can create multiple custom registration forms.
The BASIC SETUP section within the REGISTRATION of the Event Builder can be used to for the former example. The two tools in this sub-section (Registration Form tool and Registration Items tool) can be used to create a single event registration form, through which all registrants will travel.
Continue reading below to learn about these two fundamental tools. The concepts in this article are also critical to understanding how to build multiple registration forms within a single event (Custom Profiles).
An item is the basic building block of your registration experience. Here are a few examples of how our event hosts will use the item tool:
- Creating session options for registrants to select
- Adding registration fees to the form & levels of access (i.e. full registration, 1-day registration item)
- Ancillary goods (i.e. meal options, t-shirts, etc.)
- Course & class choice (may also attach CEU hour values to these items)
Continue reading below to learn how to create registration items in Eventsquid.
CREATE A NEW ITEM
Event the Event Builder, then select the REGISTRATION tab at the top. Click the Registration Items tool on the left. First, click the CREATE NEW ITEM button in the upper right corner of the tool - you'll see 4 options:
Here's a breakdown of each:
- ATTENDEE TYPE: use this item when you'd like to allow registrants to select a quantity of greater than 1. (e.g. event host allows purchase of multiple event passes for other guests)
- ENHANCED TYPE: restricts registrant to a quantity of one (1-to-1 relationship, attendee-to-item)
- GOODS & SERVICES TYPE: this item type allows you to attach entree items and apparel sizes to the selector for registrants, making this a great choice for ancillary good options
- RECURRING SESSIONS & CLASSES: allows you to create a full set of Attendee Registration Items and edit them in a grid. Most often used for sets of courses offered at an event.
CONFIGURE YOUR ITEMS
Click on an item to open its settings panel. You will see a mini tabbed menu on the left of the settings panel:
Here are some key features to take note of:
- LIMIT FOR THE EVENT: set a limit on this item's availability for the overall event
- BASE ITEM PRICE + TIERS: set the base price, with option just below to "Activate Price Tiers" that are triggered on specified dates/times
- LOCATION & TIME: give the option a location, date and time. This function also allows you to create a slot on the agenda that corresponds with your registration item.
- SUB-CLASSES: create a sub-menu that requests the registrant make a choice when the item is picked on the registration form
- FREE EXTRAS: bundle items together using the free include tool (i.e. include items X & Y inside of item Z's settings panel)
- EXCLUDE ITEMS: the exact opposite of the free extras tool - use the exclude tool to disallow the selection of subsequent items if this item is selected
REGISTRATION FORM (FORM PROMPTS)
Recall that your registration form needs 2 key elements: selections and questions. The questions portion will allow you, the host, to gather valuable data for reporting and planning purposes.
In the Registration Form tool, you can customize not only the prompt set for your registration form, but other aspects as well.
The Registration Form tool will allow you to modify the following elements of your form:
- PROMPTS: the questions you ask your registrants
- FORM TEXT: any additional language you'd like to include on the form
- CONFIRMATION PAGE: add hyperlinks and custom text to the confirmation page
- CONFIRMATION EMAIL: add custom text and hyperlinks to your confirmation email
Here is each element in more detail:
Our system already includes a pretty sizable list of standard prompts to pick from. After clicking into the Registration Form tool on the left menu, you will be presented with that standard prompt list. See below for a preview:
Below the prompt pick list, you will see a few other options you may turn off for your event. These include:
- AVATAR UPLOADS: allow registrants to upload an account headshot for your attendee list
- DOCUMENT UPLOADS: allow presenters/exhibitors to upload logo files, presentations and more
The next section in the default form editor, after selecting prompts, is the "Form Text" section. Simply put, you can add additional language / details to your registration form to improve the experience for the user:
Sections include sections such as "Top-of-Form Notes" and "Checkout Panel Notes". You can also add a Terms & Conditions section, which requires the registrant to acknowledge before continuing to checkout:
CONFIRMATION PAGE & EMAIL
The Confirmation Page includes options to customize the onscreen paragraph and a set of custom hyperlink. You can also rename the invoice to a term more suitable to your event:
At the bottom of this editor, you have additional settings for:
- Activity Vouchers - you can decide whether the system shows/hides auto-generated vouchers. These vouchers are created based on the items that one selects during registration
- Parking Passes: our system automatically generates parking passes for your event. The confirmation page editor will let you choose to display or not display those passes to the registrant
The content included within the Confirmation Email is mostly auto-generated; however, our system does give you a few options to customize for yourself:
- QR Check-In Code: you can choose whether or not to include a link to the check-in code
- Save to Calendar: if you'd like to give registrants the ability to save the full event to their respect calendar application, you can provide a link to do so
- Body of Email: you can customize the messaging within the body of your confirmation email