A registration form that you build within Eventsquid consists of 2 key parts:
- FORM PROMPTS - qualitative registrant questions (i.e. travel info, personal info, etc.)
- REGISTRATION ITEMS - options you give to the registrant for selection (i.e. fees, sessions, etc.)
For more simplistic events, you can create a single registration form. For more complex events, you can create multiple custom registration forms.
The BASIC SETUP section within the REGISTRATION of the Event Builder can be used to for the former example. The two tools in this sub-section (Registration Form tool and Registration Items tool) can be used to create a single event registration form, through which all registrants will travel.
Continue reading below to learn about these two fundamental tools. The concepts in this article are also critical to understanding how to build multiple registration forms within a single event (Custom Profiles).
An item is the basic building block of your registration experience. Here are a few examples of how our event hosts will use the item tool:
- Creating session options for registrants to select
- Adding registration fees to the form & levels of access (i.e. full registration, 1-day registration item)
- Ancillary goods (i.e. meal options, t-shirts, etc.)
- Course & class choice (may also attach CEU hour values to these items)
Continue reading below to learn how to create registration items in Eventsquid.
CREATE A NEW ITEM
Event the Event Builder, then select the REGISTRATION tab at the top. Click the Registration Items tool on the left. First, click the CREATE NEW ITEM button in the upper right corner of the tool - you'll see 4 options:
Here's a breakdown of each:
- SIMPLE REG: use this item when you'd like to allow registrants to select a quantity of greater than 1. (e.g. event host allows purchase of multiple event passes for other guests)
- ENHANCED REG: restricts registrant to a quantity of one (1-to-1 relationship, attendee-to-item)
- GOODS & SERVICES: this item type allows you to attach entree items and apparel sizes to the selector for registrants, making this a great choice for ancillary good options
- RECURRING: allows you to create a full set of Simple Registration Items and edit them in a grid. Most often used for sets of courses offered at an event.
CONFIGURE YOUR ITEMS
Click on an item to open its settings panel. You will see a mini tabbed menu on the left of the settings panel:
Here are some key features to take note of:
- LIMIT FOR THE EVENT: set a limit on this item's availability for the overall event
- BASE ITEM PRICE + TIERS: set the base price, with option just below to "Activate Price Tiers" that are triggered on specified dates/times
- LOCATION & TIME: give the option a location, date and time. This function also allows you to create a slot on the agenda that corresponds with your registration item.
- SUB-CLASSES: create a sub-menu that requests the registrant make a choice when the item is picked on the registration form
- FREE EXTRAS: bundle items together using the free include tool (i.e. include items X & Y inside of item Z's settings panel)
- EXCLUDE ITEMS: the exact opposite of the free extras tool - use the exclude tool to disallow the selection of subsequent items if this item is selected
REGISTRATION FORM (FORM PROMPTS)
Recall that your registration form needs 2 key elements: selections and questions. The questions portion will allow you, the host, to gather valuable data for reporting and planning purposes.
In the Registration Form tool, you can customize not only the prompt set for your registration form, but other aspects as well.
The Registration Form tool will allow you to modify the following elements of your form:
- FORM PROMPTS: the questions you ask your registrants
- FORM TEXT: any additional language you'd like to include on the form
- CONFIRMATION PAGE: add hyperlinks and custom text to the confirmation page
- CONFIRMATION EMAIL: add custom text and hyperlinks to your confirmation email
- EMAIL IMAGES: customize the banner image and logo within your confirmation email
Here is each element in more detail:
1) FORM PROMPTS
Our system already includes a pretty sizable list of standard prompts to pick from. After clicking into the Registration Form tool on the left menu, you will be presented with that standard prompt list. See below for a preview:
Below the prompt pick list, you will see a few other options you may turn off for your event. These include:
- AVATAR UPLOADS: allow registrants to upload an account headshot for your attendee list
- DOCUMENT UPLOADS: allow presenters/exhibitors to upload logo files, presentations and more. The acceptable document types are
REFERRAL MENU: You will see at the bottom of the FORM PROMPTS tab (in the form editor), an option to customize the Referral Prompt:
The Referral Prompt will is setup to include a few options by default; however, the menu can be completely customized to:
- Include all stock options
- Include mixture of stock options AND your custom options
- ONLY include your custom options
- HIDE the menu altogether (in which case some users will opt to create a custom prompt instead)
After clicking the CUSTOMIZE button, a menu will appear with options to modify the menu options:
- GENERAL SOURCES: At the very top, the GENERAL SOURCES box will allow you to type in a new label (click the ADD button and your new custom menu option will appear in the list below)
- DRAG & DROP: use the arrows on the left side of each menu option in the list to prioritize / order your menu options
- CUSTOMIZATION OPTIONS: at the bottom, you have high-level controls over the display of the Referral Prompt within the registration form
- "Show General Sources" allows you to either show or hide the list of options above
- "Show Attendee List" will show/hide a list of all currently-registered attendees as referral options
- "Enable Other" will enable the attendee to select "other" as a referral option, then prompt them to manually type in their response
2) FORM TEXT
The next section in the default form editor, after selecting prompts, is the "Form Text" section. Simply put, you can add additional language / details to your registration form to improve the experience for the user.
The Form Text editor allows you to customize sections of the registration form, such as "Top-of-Form Notes" and "Checkout Panel Notes". You can also add a Terms & Conditions section, which requires the registrant to acknowledge before continuing to checkout.
The terms that you set forth (and that are agreed to by the registrant) will also be replayedwithin the registrant's confirmation email:
3) CONFIRMATION PAGE
The Confirmation Page includes options to customize the onscreen paragraph and a set of custom hyperlink. You can also rename the invoice to a term more suitable to your event:
At the bottom of this editor, you have additional settings for:
- Activity Vouchers - you can decide whether the system shows/hides auto-generated vouchers. These vouchers are created based on the items that one selects during registration
- Parking Passes: our system automatically generates parking passes for your event. The confirmation page editor will let you choose to display or not display those passes to the registrant
4) CONFIRMATION EMAIL
The content included within the Confirmation Email is mostly auto-generated; however, our system does give you a few options to customize for yourself:
- QR Check-In Code: you can choose whether or not to include a link to the check-in code
- Save to Calendar: if you'd like to give registrants the ability to save the full event to their respect calendar application, you can provide a link to do so
- Travel Information Block: if you are collecting travel information from registrants, you can provide a receipt of the details they entered within the confirmation email
- Body of Email: you can customize the messaging within the body of your confirmation email
5) EMAIL IMAGES
This section of the form editor allows you to determine whether or not your main event banner image gets included within the confirmation email. You can also decide which logo (your event-specific logo or organization-level logo) appears in the confirmation email.
The EMAIL IMAGES tab allows you to match the confirmation email banner image with your event banner graphic, or upload a custom banner graphic (you may also choose a stock banner graphic from our library for the confirmation email). See the image below for a detailed look: