The agenda...what a beloved tool. Used by nearly all event hosts. Our interactive agendas allow you to create a streamlined experience for your registrants, with track and day filtering + dynamic content.
Let's take a look at what you can do in the Agenda Setup tool.
CREATE AN AGENDA
Of course, the first step is to create an agenda. Just click the button on the page and you're off to the races. With any agenda, you'll see a dark grey box that represents each day of your agenda.
Click the blue New Slot button to manually create a new agenda slot:
A new slot will appear under the day block. Slots are very thin, so you can manage a large number of slots on your agenda without it getting unwieldy. Click a slot to open its settings and options panel.
- Title & Description: the main event! Edit the title of your agenda slot, the description and categorize as either a standard activity or Break/Meal. Break/Meal activities will display always and cannot have a track assigned - standard activities can be associated with tracks (created in the Track Setup tool) and can be filtered on the event website according to those tracks.
- Change Date and Time: created a slot on the wrong day/time initially? No sweat, simply adjust using the Date/Time tab in the settings panel
- Venue & Room: Assign a specific venue and room to your activity. This information will of course display on the event website. Note that you may assign a location to a specific activity that is different than the main event's location.
- In the case where an "event" is really a string of separate events, this feature becomes very important
- You can set the different sub-events (activities) with different locations/time zones and still contain everything in one event on your dashboard. Bam!
- Tracks: Here, you can assign tracks to specific activities. Create tracks in the Track Setup tool. Use them for filtering on the front-end website.
- Special Guests: You can assign speakers to your agenda slots using this sub-tool. Create speakers in the Speaker Manager tool
Ok - we just walked through how to manually create an agenda slot. But say you have registration items on your form that directly correspond to your agenda/schedule. Why then manually create those sessions again in the Agenda Setup tool when you already have them built in as registration items? Furthermore, what if you need the registration item to be connected to the agenda?
If you're asking yourself these questions, it's time to take a look at the Item-Connected Slot button. This button allows you to import registration items right into your schedule and keep things connected. Not only does it make you more efficient, but item-connected agenda slots have further implications:
- Display date/time/location information on the registration form, for those registration items
- Allow attendees to select activities straight from your agenda using their mobile device - those activities (since they're items) will save to their registration details AND get added to their Personal Itinerary
Let's take a look at how the mechanism works. Go ahead and click the Item Connected Slot button - a modal will pop up with all of your existing registration items. Click any item to expand it:
Set the location, date and time right in this window. When you're finished, click the Add to Agenda button and that slot is good to go! Once the session is added, open the slot in the Agenda Setup tool and you will see an indicator that the slot is connected to an actual registration item (on the left of the slot's settings panel):
Now let's take a look at the implications of importing our registration item into the agenda...check out the registration form (what the registrant will see):
The mobile app gives registrants some great freedom as well. After activating the agenda (we'll get to that later in this article...but to give you a hint, you activate your agenda in the Content Activation tool, located in the Website section of the Builder), the agenda tab will show up on your mobile app's main menu.
Click into the agenda and you'll see our item-connected session slot appears...nothing major. The real magic happens with the small + icon at the bottom right corner of the slot:
The session will appear in the registrant's mobile Personal Itinerary:
After adding, the item will appear in the registrant's registration details panel as well, on the dashboard!
NOTE: The registrant may ONLY add a registration item-connected agenda slot to their registration details and personal itinerary IF AND ONLY IF that item is free of charge. The registrant will not be able to add that item at all if it has a price attached to it. This mechanism protects YOU from having a bunch of registrants adding fee-based items (via the agenda) and not realizing they are adding to their balance. Yup. We've got your back.
Remember when you had to recreate an entire agenda from scratch, despite the fact that you already had the exact same agenda already built on the same event from last year?? Of course, this must have been when you were using the old system and not Eventsquid.......
Please relax. We've got you covered. Each day on your agenda will have an Import Slot button - click it and you will see past events with importable agenda days. You can import a full day's activities at a time into your new agenda:
Here are the elements that will stay attached to each individual slot, when carried over from a past agenda:
- Start & End Time
- Venue & Room
- Tite & Description
You will need to re-assign tracks and speakers that are specific to your event (if applicable to your new event).
Once you're ready to publish your agenda, hop over to the Website section of the Event Builder and click into the Content Activation tool on the left.
Check out the panel for your agenda - it is moveable (i.e. you can re-position it on your left main menu relative to the other tabs/buttons on your main menu).
Click the smaller "Active" switch to turn the agenda on for the desktop and mobile websites. You can also activate a Home Summary of your agenda, which is essentially an abbreviated version of your agenda that displays on the homepage.