There are various tools in our system that you can use to create:
- Terms & Conditions
- Event Cancellation & Refund Policy
- Liability Waiver
- Privacy Acknowledgement and Photography Waiver
Continue reading to learn about the various options at your disposal.
Our system gives you a default option for providing registrants with a mandatory terms acknowledgement.
Enter the Event Builder, then select the REGISTRATION tab at the top. Click the Registration Form tool, then select the FORM TEXT tab at the top.
Scroll to the bottom of the Registration Form tool and you will see a space for the Disclaimer & Acknowledgement. You have the option to hide, use the default and use a custom.
- The custom option allows you to design a disclaimer for a specific event/profile.
- You can design a default disclaimer (which can easily be reused) on the Event Dashboard.
Select the Manage Organization tab, then click the DISCLAIMER tab on the left, underneath the Event Settings section:
When the Eventsquid Disclaimer & Acknowledgement is activated for an event registration form (whether it's custom or default), the registrant is required to acknowledge to your terms just before moving on to checkout, by checking a small box net to the agreement:
Custom Prompts (for more information on the Custom Prompt Library, see our videos PART 1 and PART 2) are primarily used to capture information/registrant data. However, they can also be used to capture acknowledgement of event terms.
The general concept is this:
- Create one or more prompts under a group (named, for example, "Event Terms" or "Liability Waiver")
- Each prompt lays out a specific term to which registrants must agree
- These prompts will use a CHECKBOX Input Type, with only a single option: "I AGREE"
- Finally, activate each "term prompt" on the registration form and make it required
- Since each term prompt only gives one response option "I AGREE" and the prompt is required, the attendee cannot proceed without agreeing to each term you pose
First, enter the Event Builder. Then, select the Registration tab at the top. Click the Custom Prompt Library option on the left.
Click the CREATE NEW PROMPT button in the upper right. Place your prompt into the appropriate category that you have decided upon, then name the term. Finally, set the prompt to a Checkbox Input Type.
Once the prompt is generated, you can take a couple steps to transform it into an appropriate term:
- Delete all but one answer choice; label the final answer "I AGREE"
- Use the PROMPT TEXT field on the left to add color to the prompt (instead of attempting to fit the entire term within the prompt's main label field at the top)
Once the prompt is ready to be published, enter your registration form settings (either within the Default Registration Form tool or the Custom Profiles tool). Enter the FORM PROMPT editor tab. Then activate the prompt and set to REQUIRED status.
FILE UPLOAD UTILITY
For printable waivers, you can activate the File Upload utility within your registration form. This allows registrants to upload signed documents.
Enter the Event Builder and select the Registration tab. Enter either the Default Registration Form tool or the Custom Profiles tool (depending on which you are using for your event).
Access the FORM PROMPTS editing tab, then scroll down below the box of available prompts and you will see the File Uploads activation option. You can set this step to REQUIRED if the waiver is needed immediately; or, you can set to optional if you are allowing registrants to return at a later date and upload:
Within the registration form, registrants will have the opportunity to upload a document from their device. You can access uploaded documents of completed registrations on the Dashboard:
- Open the Registered Attendees list, click someone's name, then select the UPLOADS tab
- Access the Custom Report, then activate the UPLOADS field in the field list on the left
Registrants can also upload files to their event registration at a later date. They simply need to login to their Eventsquid account, click their name in the upper right corner and select MY UPLOADS from the dropdown.
There are a couple ways you can offer documents to registrants before they register. That way, they can print, sign and re-upload before entering the registration form.
The first step is to upload your blank document into Eventsquid. There are two places you can do this:
- EVENT DASHBOARD: you can upload documents in the Manage Organization tab. Click the Document Library button to access your organization's document repository.
- EVENT BUILDER: access the Website area of the Event Builder, then select the Downloadable Documents tab
Organization-level documents can be emailed via the Communication Center. They can also be brought into a specific event.
Event-level documents can be published on the website in a couple ways:
- 1) Activate your event document repository in the Content Activation tool
- 2) Copy an event document's download URL, then setup as a text hyperlink. Here are a few ideas for hyperlinking text:
- Use a custom page
- Send the hyperlink in an event invitation
- The main description box on your event homepage